Friday, September 26, 2008

How do I deal with Negative Emotions

• I like to do what I want to do. If I am doing that I will surely be happy.
• I like to drift towards close people when I am feeling upset or angry. I like to be with them as I know they will be there for me when I require them and will take care of me. These are generally my very close friends.
• I like to listen to a multitude of music. It differs for different moods. When I am unhappy I like to listen to cheerful soft music. This makes me feel relaxed and keeps me composed.
• I also write songs when I am in a really bad mood. This diverts my mind from the reasons for my anger and keeps me occupied for sometime so that anger can ebb away.
• If I am very upset, I like to cry also. I feel that crying can be very helpful when we want to wash away our emotions. It gives us a very relaxed feeling like that of a dam which has burst and the water is now flowing serenely. It gives you the chance to objectively reflect on the immediate past.

No comments: