Thursday, February 7, 2008

I Have a Dream...

Remember the very famous Martin Luther King speech at the height of the American revolt against apartheid....

Now lets think about how or probably what i would dream about "Modern India".

I have a dream that we are completely rid of poverty, we never have to ever again beg for a morsel of food, we never have to dream about India sleeping hungry again.
I have a dream that the disgusting casteism that most Indians unconsciously breathe becomes a thing of the past cause there is no greater injustice than injustice done to a fellow good man.
I have a dream that all religions accept other religions/human beings in totality of spirit and preach about the futility of all fighting, hatred & selfishness that lies at the bottom of the heart today.
I have a dream that wherever i look around me, i find brothers in arms who will look at the sky and say that it was a good day when were born in this country.

I have a dream that corruption and pettiness of individuals in the society is treated with such disgust that is today reserved for serial killers and rapists.
I have a dream that dignity of labour exists in all sections of the society and everybody takes pride in the fact that he/she is helping another person if the need arises, whatever the work.
I have a dream that making India shine is not just a piece of election sloganeering but a way of life and all of us dedicated to its cause.
I have a dream that i never see a sick human again in my entire living life cause everyone has a right to be healthy and full of life even if they are in the throes of death.

I have a dream that our heads never bow in front of anyone unless in great respect or gratitude and that at all other times, for the fact that we were born the sons and daughters of a great motherland called India, our heads are held so high that even minor stumbles along the way can be laughed off for exactly what they are, just minor stumbles....

Here is to an India where we not just DREAM but along with it, where we all DO what we DREAM!

No comments: