Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Choose Life

Anyone who knows me well and understands what i have been through over the last couple of years would agree that things have not been...well, let us just say 'Normal', something that i desperately wish for. But lets keep that for later. This is my first post after the end of the 'noughties' era and i would at least try and make a positive beginning on my blog...even if that is someway off the radar in real life....

The quote that i post here is from a movie called 'Trainspotting' by our very nearly own Danny Boyle (yeah...the man who gave us the multiple Oscar winning and Indian branded Slumdog Millionaire). Somehow this movie is in some ways a reflection of the pain in life and what people including myself go through. However, it also has a quote which i have always found extremely reinvigorating if you think about it....Something that should 'probably' be my new year resolution...

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself.

Choose your future.

Choose life.

That is the end of my liking of this brilliant dialogue but there is more to it, and for people who chose that...well...To each their own!!

.....But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?

-----John Hodge

Let this year be the year of choosing LIFE...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a disastrous start I had to my new year! And it has continued to be so :( I just hope I find a way out of this mess soon. I must make a few choices now. Felt good to read the quote....


Hey, the 'Useless Knowledge' widget on your blog is very interesting!

And Ritesh, you sure can post my comment as an article :)

Unknown said...

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. See the link below for more info.

#winning
www.ufgop.org

Unknown said...

To succeed we must BELIEVE that we CAN.
It's a great pleasure to read your blog. Keep on sharing some kind of knowledge. Have a good day :)
imarksweb.net